Uulki natural wood oil for cutting boards and kitchen utensils: the natural and foodsafe alternative to mineral oil
– Uulki natural wood oil for cutting boards and kitchen utensils contains only natural, plant-based, and foodsafe ingredients. Is free from mineral oil and other petroleum byproducts.
– Saturates the wood pores and prevents food particals and juices from entering the wood or bamboo
– Prevents drying out and bending or cracking of your wooden cutting boards, butcher blocks, chopping board, servings board or cooking utensils
– Foodsafe, hygienic and antibacterial
– Pleasant smell thanks to essential oils
Discover the unique properties of Uulki Pure natural wood oil for chopping boards, butcher blocks, and kitchen utensils
– 100 % natural ingredients: a blend of premium quality coconut oil and other natural oils. Does not contain mineral oil or petroluem by products. Is completey non toxic.
– 100 % plant-based / vegan
– Food contact safe oil: 100% foodsafe ingredients and manufacturing conditions so you don’t need to worry about your health when usign this oil
– Stable product: while many plant-based cutting board oils go rancid, this oil won’t thanks to its stable composition.
Use Uulki natural wood oil for al your wooden and bamboo kitchen products
* For wood and bamboo chopping boards, butcher blocks, servings boards, cooking utensils (spatulas, cooking spoons, barbecue tongs, …), all your wooden or bamboo bowls (fruit and salad bowls, …) roling pins, …
* Can be used for treating wooden kitchen tables, work tops and other wooden or bamboo products
* Suitable for untreated wood, and for wood that has been finished with an oil or wax before. The rule is that you can use the oil on any wooden or bamboo surface with open pores. You can not readily use it on varnished or lacquered wood, since the wood pores are closed. In that case, you first need to remove the varnish or lacquer by sanding the wood. After that, the wood pores are open again and you can apply Uulki natural wood oil.
Why treat your wooden cutting boards with foodsafe oil ?
Just one layer of Uulki foodsafe wood oil will protect your chopping board, butcher blocks, servings baords or kitchen utensils. In order to keep your wooden products beautiful and protected, it’s best to finish them regularly with Uulki wood oil from. We have written an comprehensive guide on why and how you should maintain wooden chopping boards. When your wooden kitchenware feels a little but dry, it’s a good idea to apply a new layer of oil. Our Uulki natural wood oil is suitable for all your wooden and bamboo kitchenware, such as rolling pins, spatulas, bowls, cooking spoons, wooden cutlery, barbecue tongs, … Uulki chopping board oil is transparant and will make the wood obly slightly darker, just like any oil. Do you prefer the wood to be darker, then you can use Uulki pure tung oil instead. Uulki 100% pure tung oil is food contact safe, just like our chopping board oil.
Made in Belgium
Uulki natural wood oil is, as is the case for all our oils and waxes, made in our production unit in Belgium.
Foodsafe, hygienic and antibacterial properties of Uulki wood oil
Uulki natural cutting board oil has antibacterial properties thanks to its ingredients; coconut oil and essential oils. Above all this oil is made from foodsafe ingredients.
How to apply Uulki natural wood oil on cutting and serving boards or kitchen utensils?
Make sure that you start with a dry and clean surface. Pour some wood oil on the wooden surface and massage into the wood with a soft cloth (e.g. a microfiber cloth) or paper towel. Some customers spread the oil with their bare hands. This is perfectly okay since the oil is safe for your health. Let the chopping board, kitchen utensils or butcher block absorb the oil well for some moment. After that, use a cloth to remove excess oil, if present, after one hour. The first time, it’s a good idea to give your wooden or bamboo kitchenware up to three layers of oil. You can do this the same day, or during the first week before use. Afterwards, it’s best to regularly treat your wooden kitchenware to keep it protected.
Also meet Uulki natural wood wax & oil 2-in-1 for wooden chopping boards, butcher blocks and cooking utensils
Uulki Wood Oil and Uulki Wax & Oil 2-in-1 are complementary wood care products. The oil provides deep protectiong from inside, while the wax makes the top layer water repellent and prevents food particles and juices from entering the wood. The wood wax washes away faster than the oil and should thus be applied more often.
Uulki pure tung oil is an alternative natural and foodsafe oil that darkens the wood
Uulki pure tung oil is an oil from the seeds for the tung tree. This oil is also foodsafe and completely natural. It’s different from the wood oil described in this prodcut description in that it darkens the wood considerably. If you like this, then this oil might be for you. Tung oil is not suitbale for those with allergic reactions to nuts.