Uulki wooden cooking spoon and spatula set: allround eco-friendly kitchenware
The Uulki cooking spoon and spatula set consists of 3 wooden spoons and 3 slotted spatulas / food turners. Both types of kitchen utensils are indispensable for daily cooking. With their length of 30 cm, they’re perfect for use in most pots and pans.
This Uulki wooden kitchen utensils set consists of:
- 3 cooking spoons 30 x 4.5 x 1 cm
- 3 slotted spatulas 30 x 6.5 x 0.3 cm
Eco-friendly cooking tools made in Europe
- Cooking spoon and spatula set made of untreated beech wood
- Wood from sustainably managed European forests
- Made in Europe: manufactured in Europe from European wood means small ecological (transport) foot print
Wooden cooking spoons and spatulas do not make scratches in pots and pans
There’s a good reason why our ancestrors have been using wooden spatulas and spoons since centuries. They do not damage your cookware. Therefore you can perfectly use them in pots and pans with a non stick coating.
Cooking spoons and food turners from wood are very hygienic
Some people wonder if wooden cooking utensils are hygienic. There’s indeed a wrong perception with some people who think that wood is not hygienic. The truth is that wood is very hygienic since it’s a natural material with antibacterial properties. No doubt that you should clean your wooden kitchen utensils in order to keep them hygienic.
Cleaning your Uulki wooden kitchen utensils by hand
Rinse the spoons and spatulas under warm running water. It’s best to do this shortly after use to prevent food particles from sticking to the wood. To remove food particles and greasiness you can use a brush or sponge. Scrubbing is aloud! Let air-dry afterwards. Wood absorbs water very well and releases it afterwards. This can lead the wood to bend and eventually crack. Therefore, you should not clean wooden cooking utensils in the dishwasher and never leave them standing in water.
How to keep your wooden spatulas and cooking spoons beautiful for a longer time?
You can maintain the beauty of your wooden food turners and spoons by regularly treating them with our Uulki care products for kitchen utensils and cutting boards from wood or bamboo. Both our Uulki oil and our Uulki Oil & Wax 2-in-1 consist only of 100% natural and vegan / plant-based ingredients. Uulki Pure Wood Oil nourishes the wood from the inside. The oil is the first, basic protection for wood. If you want a more complete protection, you can also use Uulki Pure Oil & Wax 2-in-1. This oil & wax combination will also make the surface water repellant, but washes away faster than the oil. As is the case for all oils and waxes for kitchenware, it’s best to apply a new layer when the wood starts to become dry and dull.
Meet Uulki’s more complete kitchen utensils sets with spatulas and cooking spoons:
- Uulki set of wooden kitchenware of 10 “Basic, 10 pieces: includes a baking spatula, barbecue tong, and salad servers as well
- “Comfort” Set of 17 pieces wooden Uulki kitchen utensils: the set of 10 pieces, with extra cooking spoons, spatulas, and baking spatulas
- Uulki wooden cooking tools set: a “Deluxe” set of 20 pieces, including a rolling pin, nutcraker, and manual citrus squeezer